Thứ Hai, 31 tháng 1, 2011

craft christmas and gift ideas


Card-making Fool

Handmade CardsLast week I had a wonderful treat. An invitation to visit my aunt complete with bread-making, lunch for two and an introduction to the world of card making.

Years ago I did a little bit of the craft--certainly nothing special--and when I saw the boxes of hanging files full of special papers, the drawers full of stamps and embossing materials and boxes and boxes of cute little embellishments I realized that all this time there was a wide world of paper products that I'd never realized existed.

Handmade CardsShe taught me some basics and let me explore her creative archives and you can see the results here. Isn't that the cutest get well card? Because who doesn't smile when they see aliens with big ol' googly eyes. Even when dealing with strep throat or stomach flu. Almost makes me wish I had a friend who was sick just so I could give it to them. Nice friend I am, huh? Hoping my friends get sick just so I can show off my mad card making skillz.

There was a love note that I liked that had more aliens with googly eyes and the words "I only have eyes for you" on it. Now if that doesn't say love I don't know what does. And by the way, later I'll definitely be posting the fabulous spring-time shrimp salad she served. Very good.

Handmade Popup CardBut I'll end with the instructions for making this handmade pop-up card that is a perfect springtime bouquet. It's actually pretty easy to make, little hands could manage with a bit of instruction, and it makes you smile almost as much as a bunch of aliens with googly eyes.

I have to confess that I saw the original instructions while stumbling through the internet but I made things more colorful. Not only was the original video in double time, making it quite hard to see, the instructions were a little ambiguous, and what else was there? Oh, yes. I don't speak Italian. So I did my own English version of the video and it's much easier to understand if I do say so myself. Now get going and make those pop-up cards people! Let's move, let's move!





scribbit.blogspot.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét