Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 2, 2011

Making paper flowers


This past weekend I finally had the chance to try out some projects that have been buzzing around inside my head. One of them was to take some honeycomb blind samples that my daughter recently brought home from my Mom's house, and make them into these sweet little snowflake/flower ornaments for our tree. A tutorial seems a little out of place since it's unlikely that every one of you would have blind samples laying around your house (do you). But here's the quick rundown just in case:


My samples had an annoying sticker on the top so I carefully pulled that off (I forgot to do it on the first one and it was tricker to pull off the small portions than it was on the second one). Then I cut each sample in half using a pair of sharp scissors. I then cut the two smaller portions in half, and then those in half again (you should end up with 8 pieces). Using a hot glue gun (and caution) I applied a tiny spot of glue to one side of the blind portion and then sandwiched another piece on top of it (pinching it tightly for a second to make sure it was in place). I then fanned opened one side so that it formed half a snowflake, dabbed a bit of glue on the remaining end and opened the other side to meet it (again pinching it for a second until it felt solid). There were a few little extra tabs of blind that I trimmed off to make sure it looked right before stringing on a bead and piece of twine for a hanger.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét